Saturday, August 7, 2010

S, A, T-U-R, D-A-Y, hey!

A hot cup of white tea, Pandora streaming on the bluray, lounging in my bathrobe on the new sectional on a peaceful Saturday morning.

All with the new house completely to myself (for the entire day!)

If this isn't a great start to the weekend, I don't know what is.

Today marks the first "Me!" day I've had since we moved, and while it would seem crazy to have a "Me!" day right before hubs is about to move out of the country, these are the things that help make my life feel normal.

Very rarely while D’s home do I get a free day to myself on the weekend to just do whatever I want on my own.  The usual monotony of errand running, household chores, grocery shopping and social gatherings are a typical weekend schedule for us (not that we don’t like the social gathering parts, we just get to a point after a while where we want to spend a Saturday night at home doing nothing in particular).

D’s off on a motorcycle ride with the club today to the Ronald Regan Library so he’ll be gone pretty much all day.  He had to leave fairly early to meet the guys so I decided to hang out in bed with the cat a little longer before getting up to go to yoga.  Except when my alarm went off, I wasn’t read to get up yet.  Its Saturday I thought.  One of two days you even have the possibility of sleeping in!  You have the entire day to squeeze a workout in. Why not just sleep until you wake-up naturally and feel rested?  How can I argue with that logic?  :P

The next time I opened my eyes, it was just after 9am.  There was a nice breeze coming in my bedroom window and the cat was napping at the foot of the bed (where he’d surprisingly spent most of the night).  I could hear our neighbor’s roosters, peacocks and donkeys in the distance telling me it was definitely time to get up (oh yea, did I forget to mention?  We moved to Green Acres and livestock is a part of my life’s soundtrack now).  It’s definitely taken some getting used to, but at the same time it’s one of those crazy things that you don’t get in any old subdivision.  I kind of like it.

The house transformation has been going great, but there’s still a lot to do.  My mission today is to get a few loose ends finished off (empty some more boxes, find places for whatevers in said boxes, organize the upstairs bedrooms a little more…) I’m rather looking forward to having the house look really lived in rather than just moved into.

As for the rest of the day… If the sun ever decides to come out, I might even make a foray to the beach.  Here’s hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment